Filing your taxes every year is important to ensure you are receiving all the government benefits and subsidies you are eligible for. Even if you are not employed or do not have income, you still need to file your taxes.
Our service is free and confidential.
Are you eligible?
What is the process?
- Gather all your documents listed in the “what you need to bring” section below.
- Come to Bissell Centre West at 10530 – 96 Street NW, during Drop-Off Tax Clinic hours. We do not take appointments. Please be prepared to wait in our physically distanced line-up. Masks are required inside the building.
- Staff will assist you to fill out the required forms and check your documentation.
- All your paperwork will be put into an envelope for volunteers to use to complete your tax return throughout the week.
- Returns will be available for pick up 2 weeks after you attend the clinic during mail hours, Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm.
What you need to bring:
- Government ID
- Bank account number for direct deposit
- T4, T4E, T5, T5007
- T4A, T4A(P), T4A(OAS); Pension
- T2202A; Tuition
- Charitable donations
- Child Care
- RRSP Contributions
- Last Year’s Notice of Assessment
If you are missing any of these items, you can call CRA at 1-800-959-8281. We can still prepare your taxes if you do not have the above information. Just attend the Drop-Off Clinic for assistance.
We do not prepare:
- Self-employed income tax
- Rental income
- Farming & fishing income
- Deceased persons
- Interest exceeding $1000
- Other tax returns that require a professional accountant
Who will be filing my taxes?
Make Tax Time Pay continues to be a volunteer-run tax preparation service. All volunteers are registered through the CRA’s CVITP (Community Volunteer Income Tax Preparer) program, where they undergo a screening process. All volunteers are trained on filing processes and with the support of our staff can assist you with any questions that you may have.
To request T-Slips and other tax help, call CRA: 1-800-959-8281