We gratefully accept donations of new or gently used clothing, accessories, and household goods at three locations in Edmonton.
We are currently in need of:
- Winter footwear
- Thermal Underwear
- Long Sleeve Tops
- Hoodies and Sweatshirts
- Hand/Foot Warmers
- Clothing for Men, Women, & Children
- Work Gloves & Work Boots
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- New or Used Children’s & Adult Socks
- Deodorant, Razors, &Toilet Paper,
- Wipes, Shampoo, & Lotions
We ask that all donations be new, clean or gently used.
And please note: We do not accept food donations that have not been prepared in an AHS inspected commercial kitchen.
Your Donations Make a Difference!
- 2100 children and adults access clothing free of charge from Bissell’s Community Closet each year.
- Thousands of Thrift Shop customers depend on the affordable clothing and household goods to fill their basic needs.
- $195,000 in annual revenue from our Thrift Shop goes back into Bissell Centre’s programs & services that serve people experiencing poverty.
How Donations Are Used
Bissell Centre participants can access our Community Closet for free clothing and footwear. This volunteer-run program provides a dignifying shopping experience to over 5,000 people each year.
Similar to the Community Closet, our Family Closet provides low-income families with free clothing and footwear for adults, children and infants.
Bissell Thrift Shop
Our Bissell Thrift Shop, located on 118th Avenue, is a place for people to find affordable clothing and household goods. It is also home to our donation sorting centre.