We gratefully accept donations of new or gently used specifically needed items at three locations in Edmonton.
We are currently in need of:
Warm Items Needed
- Winter boots/footwear
- Thermal Underwear
- Hand/Foot Warmers
Other Items Needed
- Work Gloves & Work Boots
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Deodorant, Razors, & Toilet Paper
- Diapers & Formula
- Wipes, Shampoo, & Lotions
Work Gear Needed
- Safety standard Men’s work boots (All sizes)
- Warm work gloves
- Long underwear
- Safety glasses
- Safety vests
- Hard hats
- Snow pants
- Heavy work jackets
We ask that all donations be new, clean or gently used. Please contact us if you have specific questions:
And please note: We do not accept food donations that have not been prepared in an AHS inspected commercial kitchen.
Your Donations Make a Difference!
- 2100 children and adults access clothing free of charge from Bissell’s Community Closet each year.
- Thousands of Thrift Shop customers depend on the affordable clothing and household goods to fill their basic needs.
- $195,000 in annual revenue from our Thrift Shop goes back into Bissell Centre’s programs & services that serve people experiencing poverty.
How Donations Are Used
Bissell Centre participants can access our Community Closet for free clothing and footwear. This volunteer-run program provides a dignifying shopping experience to over 5,000 people each year.
Similar to the Community Closet, our Family Closet provides low-income families with free clothing and footwear for adults, children and infants.
Bissell Thrift Shop
Our Bissell Thrift Shop, located on 118th Avenue, is a place for people to find affordable clothing and household goods. It is also home to our donation sorting centre.