We gratefully accept donations of new or gently used items at three locations in Edmonton.
We are currently in need of:
Much Needed Items
- Men’s, Women’s and Children’s footwear (all sizes)
- Men’s and Women’s underwear
- Jeans, cargo pants, skirts and shorts
- Wide brimmed hats
Other Items Needed
- Work Gloves & Work Boots
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Deodorant, Razors, & Toilet Paper
- Diapers & Formula
- Wipes, Shampoo, & Lotions
Work Gear Needed
- CSA approved Men’s & Women’s work boots/shoes (all sizes)
- Lined/unlined work gloves
- Long underwear
- Work socks
- Safety glasses
- Safety vests
- Hard hats
- Ear protection
- Work belts
For health and safety reasons, product such as work glasses, work belts, underwear, socks, hardhats, work gloves, ear protection, masks (basic accessories) MUST be new. All other donations should be new or gently used. Please contact us if you have specific questions:
And please note: We do not accept food donations that have not been prepared in an AHS inspected commercial kitchen.
Your Donations Make a Difference!
- 2100 children and adults access clothing free of charge from Bissell’s Community Closet each year.
- Thousands of Thrift Shop customers depend on the affordable clothing and household goods to fill their basic needs.
- $195,000 in annual revenue from our Thrift Shop goes back into Bissell Centre’s programs & services that serve people experiencing poverty.
How Donations Are Used
Bissell Centre participants can access our Community Closet for free clothing and footwear. This volunteer-run program provides a dignifying shopping experience to over 5,000 people each year.
Similar to the Community Closet, our Family Closet provides low-income families with free clothing and footwear for adults, children and infants.
Bissell Thrift Shop
Our Bissell Thrift Shop, located on 118th Avenue, is a place for people to find affordable clothing and household goods. It is also home to our donation sorting centre.