The Community Bridge is a rapid response intervention providing support to stop an eviction, disconnection or foreclosure. It is a one-time assistance program to be used as a last resort once all other options have been explored. Households working with Community Bridge need to be willing to explore with us all resources available to prevent their loss of housing.
Community Bridge case management includes financial coaching to create a budget and a financial action plan, assistance to find and apply for any benefits you may be eligible for, referrals for additional programs, support to negotiate with your landlord/utility company, and support to create a sustainable plan for your future to get through this crisis.
Some households, if eligible, may also be able to access a no-interest loan for rental, mortgage, or utility arrears. Some households, if they are not sustainable in their current housing, can be supported to move into housing that fits their budget.
The Community Bridge process is as follows:
1. Fill out the online application form.
2. You will be contacted by our Intake Worker to provide documentation, schedule an appointment and complete a form.
3. Attend an online or phone appointment with a support worker for approximately 90 minutes.
4. Eligible loan applications are reviewed by a committee. If approved, cheques are mailed directly to the person or company owed money.
5. We will call you at 1, 3 and 6 months to see how you are doing and support you with additional referrals if needed.
We know this is a very stressful and difficult time for you. We will work quickly to urgently address your needs and hopefully prevent your loss of housing. Our process is dependent on your unique circumstances, with priority given to supporting people with imminent evictions, disconnections or foreclosure.