The Community Bridge is a rapid response intervention to stop an eviction. This includes access to no interest loans for delinquent rent, mortgage payments, or utilities. We will work with you to create a repayment plan that includes an amount and schedule that does not create additional hardship for your household.
Along with the funds, rapid supports to address ongoing housing, income, employment or other contributing factors are provided. This includes support to negotiate with your landlord/utility company, assistance to find and apply for any benefits or grants you may be eligible for, financial coaching, and support to create a sustainable plan for your future to get through this crisis.
The Community Bridge process is as follows:
- Fill out online application form.
- You will be contacted by a worker to provide documentation and schedule appointment.
- Attend an approximately 90 minute online or phone appointment where your loan application will be completed and supports will be provided.
- Successful loan applications are approved, processed, and a cheque is mailed to the creditor.
- We will call you in 6 months to see how you are doing and support you with additional referrals if needed.
We know this is a very stressful and difficult time for you. We will work quickly to urgently address your needs and hopefully prevent your loss of housing. Our loan applications process on average takes 3-7 days with expediency to address imminent evictions/disconnections before they happen.