Provide general office assistance by greeting clients, answering phones and general inquiries, performing light clerical duties including data entry and receiving donations of gifts-in-kind.
– Assist receptionist with maintaining a welcoming environment
– Greet clients, answer general inquiries or refer to intake worker during appropriate hours.
– Provide referrals to other agencies as needed.
– Receive donations (gifts-in-kind only) and put information in donations log.
– Direct visitors to applicable departments.
– General clerical duties as needed such as photocopying, word processing, data entry and maintaining a resource list.
– online application form
– Criminal Record Check (approved)
– two references
– This position requires a minimum one, three hour shifts per week.
– Volunteers must be able to commit to three consecutive months of volunteer work.
– Willingness to learn about the inner city, its issues and the workings of Bissell Centre.
– Demonstrate excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
– Be a team player and accept guidance from your supervisor.
– Project and maintain a non-judgmental, empathetic attitude toward Bissell Centre community members.
– Respect the need for confidentiality.
– Positive, enthusiastic and friendly attributes are a must.
– Excellent computer skills and accuracy with data entry.
– Skilled in Microsoft word and excel.
– Orientation to Bissell Centre
– On-the-job training from supervisor and staff