Support Our Financial Empowerment Clinics!
Looking for a way to give back from the comfort of your own home?
Bissell Centre is looking for Virtual Tax Preparers!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about filing taxes, develop new skills and make a REAL difference in the community.
Make Tax Time Pay Clinics
One of the most effective ways to boost the income of low-income individuals and families is through tax filing and connecting them to benefits. Many low-income families receive a significant income boost—up to 30%—from their tax return.
To this end, Bissell Centre offers free tax preparation and benefits navigation support throughout the year to low-income individuals and families in the Edmonton area.
Is This Volunteer Opportunity Right for You?
- No prior tax preparation experience is necessary—we provide a simple, online training session
- Have basic computer skills
- Want to make an immediate difference in the community
- Positive and enthusiastic, and enjoys meeting new people
- Flexible schedule, working from home when it suits you
- Able to pick up prepared tax envelopes from Bissell Centre during business hours Wednesday to Friday
What Do Make Tax Time Pay Volunteers Do?
Volunteers in this role provide free, basic tax return preparation to eligible, low-income individuals and families.
This is a critical opportunity to engage with vulnerable people and offer benefits and community contacts.
All training is provided by Bissell Centre.
I volunteer to give back to a community that was there for me. To also put smiles on the faces of others.
– Constance, Bissell Volunteer
About our Financial Empower Services
Financial Empowerment is essential to improving the lives of low income Canadians. The services we offer include:
- Financial literacy education
- One-on-one financial coaching
- Support to open Registered Education Savings Plans
- Assistance with tax filing and accessing government benefits
- Support to access basic banking
Need more information? Please contact Volunteer Services at or firstname.lastname@example.org.