Volunteer at Camp!
to support our summer camps for individuals and families in need.
Minimum age for all volunteers is 18. Youth ages 15+ can volunteer at our Family Camps if accompanied by an adult.
- Food Service Support
- – Help staff prepare and serve meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
- – Assist in organizing and maintaining a healthy and clean kitchen space as required by health and safety regulations.
- Activities & Programming Support
- – Help staff with facilitating and supervising a daily schedule of activities and programs on-site.
Applicants can apply to volunteer for one or all of the dates listed below. Overnights may be required. Free accommodation and transportation may be provided.
- Adult Camp: June 11 – June 14
- Family Camp: June 25 – June 28
- Adult Camp: July 9 – July 12
- Family Camp: July 23 – July 26
- Adult Camp: July 30 – August 2
- Family Camp: August 13 – August 16
Bissell Centre Camps
Since 1929, Bissell Centre has offered Family and Adult Camps to those living in poverty at Moonlight Bay Centre located on Wabamun Lake. Our camps provide children and adults alike opportunities to engage in positive recreational activities that enhance their quality of life emotionally, socially, and physically.
Bissell Camps are free for participants. We provide transportation to and from camp, food, and lodging. Staff from our Child and Family Services Program or Recreation and Wellness Program organize activities such as swimming, canoeing, volleyball, arts and crafts, and campfires.
Need more information? Please contact Amanda Power at 780.423.2285 ext. 134 or email@example.com.