Bissell Centre, along with Boyle Street Community Services, provides street level access to programs and services to those who’ve been victims of crime. This program offers a safe gateway for marginalized people to acquire information and receive support to ultimately access and successfully navigate the Criminal Justice System.
Our Victim Support Services staff members also assist individuals with:
- one on one case management to ensure social and emotional support
- identifying participants who are eligible to access financial benefits
- court support and assistance with documentation
- crisis intervention, risk and needs assessment and safety planning
- teaching financial literacy skills
- community awareness education
This program is unique to Canada and an important service to low income victims of crimes, mostly violent crimes.