Full Time • People & Culture
WHO WE ARE
Are you a Wellness or People & Culture (HR) Professional looking to make an impact in your community? Do you have endless optimism, ready to move and change and create Wellness initiatives and increasing staff experience? Through the vision to eliminate poverty in our community and a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, Bissell Centre’s work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. Our community comes from all walks of life and so do we.
Through our programs we work to empower people from meeting their own basic daily needs to having sustainable livelihoods, secure housing, and feeling hope for the future and make plans for a prosperous life. By joining Bissell Centre, you will become part of a fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to realize our vision.
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for an individual wanting to join the People & Culture team and help to bring our Wellness to the next level. Are you ready to be our Coordinator- Wellness and make an impact in our community?
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Coordinator- Wellness will be responsible for a wide variety of Wellness Operations and incentives. This role demands a high level of confidentiality and professionalism when interacting with employees, management and the public.
If you are a People & Culture or Wellness professional with 1-3 years’ experience, related experience, other related training or equivalent experience and are passionate about making a difference this is the role for you.
Role: Permanent Fulltime
WHAT IS THE ROLE
Employee Wellness Strategy and Planning
- Facilitate and monitor Disability Management program
- Propose and review recommendations to improve employee wellness
Wellness Policy and Procedure Administration
- Facilitate initial Employee Relations, including triage for employee or supervisor concerns
- Assist supervisors and Managers with the facilitation of Employee Development and Performance Management plans
- Conduct exit interviews and perform analysis to identify opportunities to enhance retention.
- Facilitate, in coordination with Coordinator, Health and Safety, the organization’s WCB program
Employee Recognition programs
- Lead birthday and anniversary recognition program, including card distribution and announcements in coordination with Perks Committee
Committees, Taskforces & Special Projects
- PEKS Committee (internal committee focused on staff recognition): accountable to the continuing operations of this committee.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
Formal Education and Experience
- University Diploma or Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in a similar role. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Ability to self-manage, assign and supervise tasks, and work in a collaborative environment.
Our community comes from all walks of life and so do we. While we are looking for a number of competencies and training, we recognize that many who have come to work most effectively here have brought diverse and relevant past experience to a Bissell and seen themselves and their work transformed. Candidates are encouraged to bring other related soft and hard skills, training and experience to our attention in the cover letter you submit with your resume submission.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Legislative Knowledge: Sound working knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards, Human Rights Acts, relevant PIPA legislations, relevant common law as well as WCB and OH & S regulations.
- Software Usage Proficiency: Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office capability. Knowledge of HRIS and computerized payroll systems is a definite asset.
- Sector Knowledge an Asset: Familiarity with issues of poverty and Edmonton’s urban core and knowledge of relevant community and government resources.
- Professionalism: Ability to portray a superior level of professionalism and adhere to a strict policy of confidentiality.
- Entrepreneurial and Self-motivated: Capable of demonstrating independence and entrepreneurialism.
- Communication Skills: An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
- Service and Results Oriented: Is focused on developing and delivering high quality, effective programs and services to staff.
- Analytical and Decision-Making Skills: Strong conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to recognize as well as assess emerging issues and situations objectively, think creatively outside the box, and make sound decisions; is decisive and accountable.
- Organizational and Project Management Skills: Has strong organization and process skills; meets deadlines; is able to prioritize a diverse workload and manage multiple projects at once; has keen attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Leadership and Management Skills: Has strong leadership and management skills; clear ability to think, plan, and act strategically; is a team leader and a team player; leads by example; able to empower employees to achieve their best.
- Interpersonal and Relationship Building Skills: Approachable, with the ability to build trust and respect, cultivate strong positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Change Management Skills: Personal capacity to adapt to change, lead competently through change, and make strategic adjustments to address changing needs.
Conditions of Work
- Flexibility of the working day is inherent in the position. The workload fluctuates. Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends is required.
- Participation in organizational wide Community Safety Walks in the area of Bissell East and West, daily interactions with participants and community members served.
- Police Information & Vulnerable Sector Check
- CWIS Check
- COVID-19 Vaccination confirmation, with exception due to established exemptions
- Drivers Abstract (role dependant)
Training Requirements (can be provided to the right candidate)
- Conflict into Calm Training
- Employment Standards Training
- Alberta Human Rights training
The above-noted training must be completed during the first six months of employment or as agreed upon by the supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, Bissell Centre continues to take action to protect person served and staff. Strategies related to Bissell Centre’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 full vaccination is a condition of employment for new hires, except due to legitimate, established exceptions.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.