Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Full Time • Accounting
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals.
Bissell Centre is growing and in need of a passionate and skilled Payroll and Benefits Administrator.
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and maintenance of benefit programs for the organization. We are looking for an experienced professional to ensure all staff receive their pay on time and understand their pay and benefits thoroughly. We also need a professional who is comfortable performing payroll accounting and analyst duties to ensure the smooth operation of the organization.
- Verify timekeeping records and consult employees about any discrepancies
- Record payroll data in our payroll system and verify all amounts prior to submission for processing
- Respond to employee questions and concerns about payroll services and communicate issues to manager
- Maintain, monitor and update employees’ enrollment and termination for group benefits and group RRSP
- Calculate and reconcile group benefit deductions and RRSP contributions with each payroll submission
- Reconcile year-end payroll records and prepare T4s
- Prepare Record of Employment (ROE) as necessary
- Maintain and update payroll and personnel records of employees
- Prepare and process accounting entries including payroll, vacation accruals, benefits expense etc.
- Support the Manager of Accounting with compensation analysis and various ad hoc inquiries
- Perform general accounting and other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of payroll experience preferred but not required
- Certification through the Canadian Payroll Association is an asset
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization
- Diploma or higher in accounting is an asset
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Intervention Check
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.
The above outline is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.