Manager, Analysis & Evaluation
Full Time • Data
WHO WE ARE
Are you looking to make an impact in your community? Do you have endless optimism, ready to move and create change in the community? Through the vision to eliminate poverty in our community and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, Bissell Centre’s work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. Our community comes from all walks of life and so do we.
Through our programs we work to empower people from meeting their own basic daily needs to having sustainable livelihoods, secure housing, and feeling hope for the future and make plans for a prosperous life. By joining Bissell Centre, you will become part of a fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to realize our vision.
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for an individual wanting to join the Data team. Are you ready to be our Manager, Analysis and Evaluation and make an impact in our community?
The Manager of A&E is responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of data collection, analysis, and evaluation at Bissell Centre. The A&E manager will analyze data requirements for the organization and design, as well as oversee the testing and implementation of data collection systems accordingly. They will oversee data collection and reporting to meet organizational needs and supervise related projects. The AE manager will work with management to ensure that data collection protocols are being followed and/or are consistent with operational and reporting needs. They will also oversee the training of Bissell staff on data collection systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working alongside with departments, co-design meaningful ways to measure the impact of their services
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of program delivery on an on-going basis
- Ensure Bissell is in compliance with funder requirements, including reporting of outputs and outcomes
- Contribute to an interdependent organizational culture. Take an interest in, and contribute to, colleagues’ efforts horizontally in other departments. Lead staff with an expectation of inclusiveness and collaboration within the larger organization and oversee the promotion of data culture at Bissell Centre
- Represent the program or agency on relevant inter-agency coalitions, partnerships and collaborations
- Seek out and nurture strategic relationships with other agencies, organizations or learning institutions to increase the capacity and further the reputation of Bissell Centre as a leader in data
- Represent the work of the department publicly at conferences and speaking events
- Review technological needs of the organization with regards to information flow and evaluation; oversee implementation of solutions to streamline processes where needed. Stay abreast of current evaluation tools and methodologies, review the department’s evaluation toolkit to improve and streamline A&E and organizational operations where needed
- Ensure knowledge of best practices around privacy, data maintenance, and ethical data collection is current and keep up-to-date on new developments in the field
- Coordinate and/or assist with developing proposals for new funding sources
- Communicate information about all aspects of program activity to ensure the Director is well informed of developments within the program
- In consultation with representative stakeholders and the IDEA committee, maintain standard of practice for the building in alignment with harm reduction, Indigenous world view, trauma-informed and person-centered practices
- Identify, understand and plan for organizational and human impacts of data collection systems, and ensure that new technical requirements are properly integrated with existing processes and skill sets
- Recruitment, hiring, orientation, training and day-to-day supervision of all direct report staff
- Provide daily support to staff through training, consultation, coaching and supervision of building support staff
- Debrief and follow-up on critical incidents and/or crisis situations in conjunction with staff to provide support, ensure proper protocol was followed and minimize future incidents
- Review, approve and submit staff time sheets and expenses
- Approve and monitor staff overtime, health maintenance and vacation leaves
- Facilitate of regular staff meetings to inform, plan, direct and hear staff concerns
- Schedule and supervise bi-weekly supervision meetings with all staff to ensure they meet their targeted goals, program delivery and submission of reports within the set timeframe and guideline
- Complete probationary evaluations and annual performance reviews of all staff
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly supervision meetings with the Director
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual program budget in cooperation with the Director
- Monitor, approve and submit receipts for program expenditures
General and Administrative
- Update job descriptions, program operating policies and procedures as required
- Submit quarterly and annual program reports inclusive of outputs, outcomes, program highlights, stories and quality improvement initiatives
- Attend Management Team meetings to address organizational issues and collaborate on organizational initiatives
- Attend meetings as required
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience
- Diploma or degree in related field
• Minimum 2 years of working experience with project management or Business Analysis
- Strong grounding in the principles of evaluation and evidence-based practice
- Strong grounding in database management and systems architecture
- Experience leading teams of data analysts, evaluators, research analysts
• Experience working with databases common to human services would be considered an asset
• Education and/or experience in community services and programs would be an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A highly analytical mindset and long-range strategic vision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to translate between research/evaluation/data and program/agency needs
- Strong competency in mentorship and coaching
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and manage annual budgets
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite 2007 (PowerPoint, Word, Excel,
Outlook (email) and Outlook Calendar), Internet navigation, databases and general
- Familiarity with issues of poverty, houselessness and Edmonton’s urban core
- Understanding of Indigenous cultures, history and current issues
Manager, Analysis and Evaluation should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the mission and core values of Bissell Centre.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Foster, sustain and role model productive team management practices, and contribute to a positive team environment. Share expertise and knowledge to support, coach and develop others.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organizational Skills: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Research Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Data Coordinator
- Database Administrator
- Criminal Record Check
- First Aid
Deadline: February 29, 2024