Food Van Driver (Relief)
Relief • Community Meals
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals. For more information, please visit www.bissellcentre.org
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill the position of Relief: Food Van Driver. The key function of this position is to pick up all food related donations for Bissell Centre at specified locations, and ensuring all incoming donations are properly sorted and used.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
• Pick up and load donations from donors into food van, unload donations at Bissell Centre
• When required, pick up non-food donations in food van, ensuring Health and Safety standards are met
• Assist with unpacking and storing of donation drop offs
• Communicate clearly with managers and others about the food supply
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Alberta Class 5 license with satisfactory drivers abstract
• Minimum 3months’ relevant driving experience would be considered an asset.
• Ability to lift, move and sort materials up to 50 lbs (23 kg) and driving for long periods of time
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Community Meals Coordinator
Application deadline: position is open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, Bissell continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to Bissell’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 full vaccination is a condition of employment for new hires, except due to legitimate, established exceptions.