Follow-up Support Worker
Full Time • Housing Services
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals. For more information, please visit www.bissellcentre.org
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Follow Up Support worker is an exciting position reporting to the Team Leader of Homeless to Homes (H2H). H2H is based on the Housing First strategy which involves a focus on housing homeless people and then providing services in a client centered, solution focused manner.
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide Intensive Case management services to up to 20 Homeless to Homes participants.
- Assist participants with community integration, life skill development, financial stability, socio-recreational interaction, and housing stability.
- Ensure monthly rent payments are paid to the landlord.
- Enter daily case notes, complete participant assessments
- Other duties as required.
- Post secondary degree with a minimum one year work experience in the field.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with program participants, coworkers and volunteers.
- Demonstrate the ability to ensure quality services, and program development.
- Demonstrate competency in computer systems (Word, Excel, and database programs).
- A valid Driver’s License, satisfactory driver’s abstract and proof of $1 million PLPD insurance is required as operation of a personal vehicle is required.
- Experience working with high risk populations and an understanding of Aboriginal cultures, history and current issues.
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Intervention Check
- Naloxone Training
- Conflict Into Calm
The above-noted training must be completed during the first six months of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Team Lead, Housing Services
Homeless to Homes
Application Deadline: May 24th, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, Bissell Centre continues to take action to protect person served and staff. Strategies related to Bissell Centre’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 full vaccination is a condition of employment for new hires, except due to legitimate, established exceptions.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.