FASD System Navigator
Full Time • Home Visitation
Through the vision to eliminate poverty in our community and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, Bissell Centre’s work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. Our mission is to work with others to empower people to move from poverty to cultural, social, and economic prosperity. We empower people to meet their own basic daily needs, participate in community and have sustainable livelihoods, secure housing, feel hope for the future and make plans for a prosperous life. By joining Bissell Centre, you will become part of a fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to realize our vision.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill a full-time permanent position of FASD System Navigator (FT).
The FASD System Navigator will provide timely in-person meetings, referrals, education, and other short-term solutions to individuals who call FASS’s referral line. This position will provide supports to vulnerable individuals and families, based on strong knowledge of FASD and the social service sector. The System Navigator will respond to inquiries on FASS’s referral line within 48 hours and be able to communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Conduct flexible intakes and provide short-term and timely solutions to individuals and families in crisis who are unable to access supports due to waitlists, or where other supports are unavailable
- Provide in-person and/or phone-based referrals to individuals/families
- Offer short-term individual system/service advocacy as required to reduce crisis
- Work in collaboration with the FASS team and the Edmonton Fetal Alcohol Network (EFAN) to ensure appropriate information flow and effective program development and delivery
- Conduct supported referrals where necessary
- Supports are conducted via home visits, outreach, and phone-based intervention
- Other duties as required
General and Administrative
- Maintain accurate written file notes, computer records, program information, and critical incident reports within established time standards
- Provide program information and statistics as required
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required
- Maintain and submit accurate mileage and expense logs for reimbursement
- Participate in probationary and annual performance reviews
- Attend scheduled staff and supervision meetings
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in social work, social science, or related field and/or comparable experience with FASD, disabilities
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with vulnerable, marginalized, or at-risk populations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to a strength-based, client centered approach
- Knowledge of community development processes and ability to enhance community capacity
- Capable of networking and building relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and tight timelines
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule
- Ability to maintain strong professional boundaries
Conditions of Work
- Some evening and weekend work required
- Operation of personal vehicle with required insurance and drivers abstract
- Criminal Record Check
- CWIS Check
- Valid Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Conflict Into Calm Training
- Suicide Prevention
The above-noted training must be completed during the first six months of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Manager of Home Visitation
Application Deadline: May 27, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, Bissell Centre continues to take action to protect person served and staff. Strategies related to Bissell Centre’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 full vaccination is a condition of employment for new hires, except due to legitimate, established exceptions.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.