Early Childhood Development Resource Worker (1 Year Contract, FT)
Contract • Early Childhood Development
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals.
Bissell Centre is seeking the right individual to fill an Early Childhood Development Resource Worker (ECDRW) for a full time, one year contract. This position reports to the Manager, Early Childhood Development Centre. The ECDRW is responsible for developing and implementing program supports and resources for children with special needs or developmental barriers.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Assist parents in finding full-time childcare
- Establish developmentally appropriate activities to enhance skills
- Complete Starting Points on all families enrolled in the centre
- Complete ASQ and ASQ-SE and follow up assessments on all children
- Assist staff to implement early intervention strategies to enable the full participation of children with special needs in childcare activities
- Liaise with parents regarding their concerns and access resources via referrals and home visits
- Advocate as necessary on behalf of parents and children
- Transport and/or accompany families to appointments when necessary
- Create and implement staff training in special needs and early childhood intervention strategies
- Provide workshops to parents/guardians as needed
- Network with other agencies and schools that provide early intervention programs
- When requested, supervise and provide training to summer or practicum students
- Work in direct ratio with children to provide support to educators when needed
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in childcare, early learning and childcare, social work or in a related area
- Minimum two (2) years related working experience in the field of child development
- Experience working with and developing education plans for children who have behavioural and developmental challenges
- Experience in creating and providing training
- Experience working with families in extended support and advocacy roles
- Alberta Class 5 License, satisfactory driver’s abstract and a vehicle
- Must be able to lift and carry approximately 30 lbs (13.5 kg)
Bissell Centre offers industry leading benefits package which includes; life insurance, health, medical and dental coverage, health maintenance days and vacation.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by August 7, 2020.