Director, Community Programs and Services
Full Time • Lead Team
About Bissell Centre
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals.
Bissell Centre is looking for a qualified Community Programs and Services Director. This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of Employment Services and Housing Services.
This position, reports to the Chief Programs Officer (CPO), and is responsible for managing program funding and related reporting, achieving the identified program outcomes, approval of program expenditures and responsibility for financial results, support the collection of non-financial program information, participate in the program evaluation, and lead future program development.
The Director works collaboratively with other agency directors, program managers, agency staff and community organizations to develop and nurture linkages in order to facilitate the achievement of Bissell Centre’s mandates.
- Ensure adherence to agency’s mission, vision, philosophy, values and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the program managers to ensure overall program and service operational efficiencies and best practices implementation
- In collaboration with CPO and program managers, ensure service user, stakeholder and community input
- Recruitment, hiring, orientation, training and day-to-day supervision of direct-report staff, including ensuring they meet their targeted goals, program delivery and submission of reports within the set timeframe and guideline
- In collaboration with the CPO, program managers and accounting staff, implement and monitor annual program budgets
- Ensure submission of all monthly, quarterly and annual program reports inclusive of outputs, outcomes, program highlights, stories and quality improvement initiatives
- Act as integral member of the Leadership Team
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related field
- Minimum of five years experience in a similar position in program planning, development, case management and evaluation and supervisory skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in collaboration
- Strong interpersonal, time management, organizational, supervisory and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and manage annual budgets
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Demonstrated ability in computer literacy
- Familiarity with issues of poverty, homelessness and Edmonton’s urban core
- Understanding of Aboriginal cultures, history and current issues
- Knowledgeable about community/social issues and community resources
- Criminal Record Check
- Driver’s Abstract
- Child Intervention Check
- First Aid Certificate
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and working experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.
The above outline is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.