Digital Marketing Specialist
Contract • Marketing & Communications
Through the vision to eliminate poverty in our community and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, Bissell Centre’s work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. Our mission is to work with others to empower people to move from poverty to cultural, social, and economic prosperity. We empower people to meet their own basic daily needs, participate in community and have sustainable livelihoods, secure housing, feel hope for the future and make plans for a prosperous life. By joining Bissell Centre, you will become part of a fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to realize our vision.
The purpose of the Digital Marketing Specialist is to deliver key marketing and communications strategies set by the organization within the digital space. The Digital Marketing Specialist needs to have the perfect mix of creativity & technical knowledge to execute effective ad campaigns online. This position’s primary focus is on digital marketing and may also include activities set out by the Marketing & Communications Team relating to public awareness and resource generation. Results achieved by this key position are highly visible and will directly impact the organization’s ability to operate and meet participant needs. This position will develop and implement a comprehensive digital media strategy to increase our web traffic and our brand awareness. The Digital Media Specialist will have excellent multitasking skills to handle all of our social media accounts in a cohesive way and ensure it is aligned to the Bissell brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
Social & Digital Media
- Design digital media strategies (paid & organic) to achieve marketing targets.
- Manage, create, and publish original, high quality content.
- Build an audience and develop an acquisition and retention strategy for all the social media accounts.
- Administer all company social media accounts ensuring up-to-date content.
- Liaise with writers and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Work with external digital marketing vendors to increase our online presence by driving awareness and increasing engagements and donations to Bissell.
- Collaborate with different department Leaders within Bissell to create social ‘buzz’ regarding new program/service launches.
- Facilitate client-company communication (respond to queries, get reviews, and organize chats and Q&A sessions). Monitor our online channels and respond to public messages in a timely and friendly manner, forwarding the inquiries to the appropriate department if/when required.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on web traffic, newsletters, and social media ROI.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Communicate with industry professionals, bloggers, and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
- Post acknowledgement content to social media and/or Bissell Centre’s website to fulfill contractual commitments.
- Collaborate and train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy.
- Stay up to date with new digital technologies and social media best practices.
Marketing and Communications General
- Assist in the implementation of Marketing & Communications strategies for Bissell Centre and its programs.
- Assisting the Manager of Marketing & Communications with other initiatives and projects when requested.
- Assist with photography and videography as needed.
- Assist with the planning and promotion for Bissell Centre events.
- Represent Bissell Centre at internal and external events as required.
- Assist with photography for events.
- Act as a speaker and/or host of Bissell Centre events if needed.
General and Administrative
- Remain current on all legislation and ethical practices pertaining to marketing and fundraising.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in communications, marketing, or a related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience with Google Ads (including search, display and YouTube), advertising on social platforms (including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), Google Analytics and other digital platforms.
- Proven work experience as a Digital Media Strategist or Social Media Manager.
- Strong experience in website content management.
- Hands on experience using social media for brand awareness.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them.
- Familiarity with web design and publishing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Proofreading skills.
- Superior project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and produce high-quality results while multi-tasking and meeting tight deadlines in a collaborative work environment.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, organizational, supervisory and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and abilities.
- Strong understanding of conversion tracking.
- Demonstrated ability in computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and website content management systems).
- Video Editing & Photography skills are an asset.
Conditions of Work
- Full-time position— 40 hours per week, willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Working within an office space with participants who are experiencing complex life situations.
The Marketing & Communication Assistant should demonstrate competence in all the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior’s consistent with these standards and aligns with the mission and core values of Bissell Centre.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Participant Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of participants and the community to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Foster, sustain and role model productive team management practices, and contribute to a positive team environment. Share expertise and knowledge to support, coach and develop others.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organizational Skills: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Director, Marketing & Communications
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Welfare Intervention Check
- As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, Bissell continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to Bissell’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 full vaccination is a condition of employment for new hires, except due to legitimate, established exceptions.
- Conflict to Calm Training
The above noted training must be completed during the first six months of employment or as agreed upon with the supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time, 2 Year Contract
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.