Full Time • Resource Development
Through the vision to eliminate poverty in our community and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, Bissell Centre’s work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. Our mission is to work with others to empower people to move from poverty to cultural, social, and economic prosperity. We empower people to meet their own basic daily needs, participate in community and have sustainable livelihoods, secure housing, feel hope for the future and make plans for a prosperous life. By joining Bissell Centre, you will become part of a fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to realize our vision.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Database Coordinator needs a strong foundation in information technology, database structure, configuration, and practice. Effective database administration requires a keen attention to detail, a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
They are responsible for maintaining Bissell’s donor database (Raiser’s Edge), as well as entering data and making requested updates to the data. Processing and capturing donations is a daily responsibility.
As a member of the Resource Development Team, the Database Coordinator will be involved in donor relations, stewardship, administration, and Bissell’s fundraising events.
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
Donor Database Administration
- Manage, monitor, and maintain Bissell’s donor database, Raiser’s Edge (RE)
- Make and track requested changes, updates, and modifications to the donation and donor data, including contact information, status, communication preferences, and notes
- Enter donor and donation data from multiple sources and maintain procedures for effective reporting
- Produce and distribute print and electronic donor tax receipts daily and issue acknowledgements in a timely manner
- Every month, review donations captured in RE and Sage to ensure they align. This involves correcting errors, communicating changes, and occasionally voiding and re-entering receipted gifts
- Ensure monthly pledge payment information is accurate and processed on time. This includes initiating and cancelling pledges in Bissell’s payment processing system, updating credit card information, informing Finance of related requests and cancellations, and recording pledge upgrades and downgrades
- Using queries and export functions, pull reports as needed on fund-raising efforts
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the donor database protocols to ensure consistent data entry processes
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and basic training to users to ensure data integrity
- Help to determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures, and standards
- Offer excellent customer service to all donors, volunteers, stakeholders, and staff
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails and letters in a timely manner to accept donations, answer questions, or provide information
- Greet donors who come in person in a friendly and welcoming manner. Receive their donations (monetary or goods) or answer questions accordingly
- Participate in Bissell events and fundraising efforts as needed
- Other duties as required
- Ensure all correspondence is captured in Bissell’s CRM and on Bissell’s digital file storage
- Forward correspondence to colleagues as needed.
- Take part in Safety Walks around Bissell’s downtown buildings to check on folks and distribute harm reduction supplies
- Submit monthly reports
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience with databases
- Familiarity with database standards, design, and documentation
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Familiar with project management software
- Familiar with MS Word Mail Merge
- Experience in a fundraising environment preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Able to shift focus quickly, manage priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Quick learner
- Advanced computer literacy and skills
- Familiarity with issues of poverty, homelessness and Edmonton’s urban core an asset
Conditions of Work
- Work both remotely and from Bissell Centre’s East building where there are people experiencing complex life situations
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Intervention Check
- Conflict to Calm Training
- Naloxone Training
The above-noted training must be completed during the first six months of employment or as agreed upon with the supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Manager of Community Engagement
Application Deadline: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, Bissell Centre continues to take action to protect person served and staff. Strategies related to Bissell Centre’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 full vaccination is a condition of employment for new hires, except due to legitimate, established exceptions.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.