Business Development Specialist
Full Time • Employment Services
About Bissell Centre
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals.
Bissell Centre is looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Specialist to build relationships with business partners that generate full time employment opportunities for program participants. The Business Development Specialist also works with Employment staff and participants to match participant strengths and aspirations with the employment needs of local businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strengthen relationships with long standing business partners with a focus on building on new networks and exploring transitional and full time employment for identified participants
- Create a marketing strategy (online, print and in person) that promotes the Employment Services department and participants to prospective business and agency partners throughout the city of Edmonton
- Work with the Manager to establish business relations strategies that yield employment outcomes for participants
- Meet with and assess the employment needs of potential employer partners. Clarify work conditions, expectations, and develop a plan to integrate program graduates into their workforce in either a transitional or full time capacity
- Host one job fair each year to connect program participants with potential employers
- Track changes in the labour market including: hiring patterns, identify in-demand positions in relevant sectors, wage data and areas of employment growth
- Maintain and update current databases with new business partner and participant information
- Maintain accurate written caseload notes, computer records and program information including outcomes and exit criteria
- Support the Casual Labour department with recruiting appropriate business partners for the service through in person, telephone and online strategies
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related area
- A understanding of employment resources and labour market information
- Familiarity with issues of poverty, homelessness and Edmonton’s urban core
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, result oriented, good time management, strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Direct sales and marketing experience
Conditions of Work
- Early mornings, and occasional evenings and weekends will be required.
- Criminal Record Check
- Driver’s Abstract
- Child Intervention Check
This is a full time position, working 37.5 hours per week.
Bissell Centre offers above average industry benefits including employer subsidized medical and dental benefits, life insurance, disability, flexible spending account, outstanding vacation and more.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.
The above outline is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.