Project Management Specialist, Marketing and Communications
Full Time • Marketing & Communications
Bissell Centre is looking for an individual to perform the administrative functions necessary to manage multiple projects from start to completion. The Project Management Specialist, Marketing & Communications will plan, organize, coordinate proactively, and execute activities associated with Bissell Centre’s marketing and communication initiatives. The ideal candidate is passionate about efficiency and organization with a proven track record for managing a portfolio of projects in a fast-paced environment.
We’re looking for someone who is an innovative problem-solver and will support the team during every stage of the project. Our highly collaborative marketing team moves fast on executing new campaigns and ideas. We try out new ideas constantly, learn from them and execute them again. The Project Management Specialist will be a “remover of blocks” so team members and independent contractors can perform their tasks without delays or lack of creative assets. This role will be critical in the successful completion of all projects and campaigns undertaken by the team.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, well-rounded professional with experience in project management tools and practices. They will be passionate about keeping every project moving forward on schedule while utilizing solutions to keep the team properly organized and resourced as they manage marketing and communication tasks of varying sizes, including website development, content creation and strategy work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing & Communications
- Working closely with the Director, Marketing & Communications, develop, implement, and evaluate marketing & communication campaign execution plans in collaboration with team members and Program Managers.
- As a strong team player, the Project Management Specialist will collaborate with the team to ensure they are aware of deliverable deadlines.
- The Project Management Specialist will use their strong network of contractors and in consultation with the Director build and source the right person for unique marketing and communication project asks.
- Act as stakeholder liaison by providing regular project updates and capturing new priorities to keep close communication with our internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the team in implementing new projects, including content generation and proofreading, and other administrative tasks as needed
- Support the Director, Marketing & Communications in developing and implementing an annual operational plan to ensure the team is on track with the marketing & communications strategy and business plan, including goals, objectives, timelines, and budget.
- In collaboration with the Marketing & Communications team establish and monitor metrics to track the effectiveness of various projects and campaigns. Monitor and evaluate program delivery and quality on an ongoing basis.
- Preparing project documentation, including scopes, work-back schedules, project plans and status reports. Facilitate team meetings as required, including daily stand-ups.
- Communicate information about all aspects of program activity to ensure the Director, Marketing & Communication, is well informed of developments within the department.
- Create interdepartmental collaboration by working with other program managers and staff members thus ensuring deliverables are being met on time and on budget.
- Within the delegated parameters allocate resources, triage current tasks, and prioritize new tasks using project management software, including timeline and milestone development, scheduling, budget/expense oversight, and file management.
- Develop and maintain a Bissell Centre photo library across various communication forms.
- Support the Director, Marketing & Communications, in developing the annual Marketing & Communications budget.
- Track and report the monthly budget to the Director, Marketing & Communications.
- Maintain strong working relations with other teams and programs within Bissell and conduct regular meetings with other Managers/Team members to understand departmental/ program and organization’s needs and how Marketing & Communications can support them.
- Support in the facilitation of internal Process Improvement Process (PIP) Course.
- As part of the Bissell community, participate in cross-organization initiatives, including safety walks, events, committees, etc.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in communications, marketing, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in project management and understanding the foundational principles of project and resource management, including scoping, scheduling, budgeting, resourcing, and forecasting.
- Experience in a Not-for-Profit sector is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Software usage proficiency such as MS Office, project management platforms such as Asana or Teamwork etc.
- Sector knowledge is an asset
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated spirit
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organizational and project management skills
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Proven change management skills
- Criminal Record Check
- Intervention Record Check
- Conflict into Calm Training
- Naloxone Training
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Director, Marketing & Communications
Application Deadline: June 9th ,2023
Salary: $58000-$60000 per annum
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, Bissell Centre continues to take action to protect person served and staff. Strategies related to Bissell Centre’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 full vaccination is a condition of employment for new hires, except due to legitimate, established exceptions.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.
Application Deadline: June 9th, 2023Apply For This Position See Other Openings
SHARE THIS JOBFacebook Twitter Email