Despite the extensive damage to our East building caused by recent flooding, Bissell Centre has been able to continue providing essential services to alleviate poverty in our community – thanks largely to our generous donors! We are moved and thankful for the outpouring of community support while we adapt our programs to work around the water damage. Because of the good will of our supporters — individuals and organizations — we are confident we can continue to meet the needs of our community members.
In the coming weeks, we are calling on our supporters to help us to continue providing reliable meals for our community members. Unfortunately the storage and preparation areas for our meal services have been compromised, so we are looking for mealtime alternatives for our participants.
• Sandwiches (250/day for community members – 200 for drop‐in, 50 for casual labor lunches) We have no kitchen access, so unfortunately cannot accept hot food at this time.
• Snacks like fresh fruit, pudding, yogurt, granola bars, juice boxes and bottled water (250/day)
• Childcare Snacks – Fresh or canned fruit, yogurt, and vegetables for salads
• Ground Coffee, Black Tea, powdered creamer and sugar.
• Intake/Drop‐In – Sunscreen, Insect repellent
• Men – Razors, deodorant
• Women – Feminine hygiene products, deodorant
• NEW Underwear and Socks
• Any men’s clothing
* Please contact Kristy Berryman at 780.423.2285 x 114 if you would like to donate any food, toiletries or clothing items!
|For Food & Financial donations, please drop off at our Main Office:Bissell Centre (East Building, Main Floor Intake/Reception)
10527 96 Street, Edmonton
Drop Off Hours
Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm
For ALL OTHER donations please
Bissell Thrift Shoppe
South Side Drop-off Location
If you’d like to make a charitable donation, or are interested in hosting a fundraising event, please contact Christopher Weiss at 780.423.2285 x 154 or Joshua Marshall at 780.423.2285 x 123. You can also click HERE to go to our donations page.